Administrative Assistant I
|April 16, 2018 - April 19, 2018|
|Salary Range:||$14.31-$15.84 per hour|
|Benefits:||Medical, dental & vision insurance, paid time off, LTD & Life Ins., MERS pension, retiree health savings account, etc.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Community Planning & Development|
|Description:||Under supervision performs responsible administrative, secretarial, and clerical tasks such as word processing, records management, data entry, customer service tasks, confidential assignments and other activities.|
|Duties:||An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the duties which the employee may be expected to perform. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.|
1. Receives, screens and directs telephone calls, visitors and correspondence to appropriate personnel. Provides general information and customer service.
2. Types, enters data, copies, files, and performs other clerical tasks.
3. Prepares and maintains records, files, charts, data, schedules, and similar information.
4. Assists other departmental personnel with the preparation of reports, budgets, research and other related activities.
5. May be required to collect fees, receive payments, and assist in issuing and processing various permits and applications.
6. May be required to attend meetings, record and transcribe minutes, prepare agendas and packets, prepare resolutions, and perform other similar duties and functions.
|Qualifications:||The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities and minimum qualifications necessary to perform the essential functions of the position. A qualified individual with a disability must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.|
Requirements include the following:
• A high school diploma or equivalent with coursework in office management, or a related field.
• One or more years experience in an office setting performing clerical or secretarial duties. Knowledge of building construction preferred.
• Ability to operate general office equipment and machines, personal computer and word processing software, typewriter, calculator, copier, and fax machine.
• Ability to convey and understand information effectively and promptly through speaking, hearing, reading, and writing.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others in person or by phone and view and produce written and electronic documents. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, or kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items of light to moderate weights.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically works in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.