Farmers' Market Manager
|February 22, 2018 - March 31, 2018|
|Salary Range:||Stipend $13.00 per hour, 12 to 15 hours per week|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Department:||Parks & Recreation|
|Description:||The Meridian Township Farmersí Market is a year-around market that operates outdoors from May-October and indoors from December-April. The ideal Market Manager candidate is a detail-oriented, innovative and has 2 years of experience in Farmersí Market operations, special event coordination and marketing. This position reports to the Parks and Recreation Specialist. |
|Duties:||1. Manage the Market during hours of operation and coordinate market day logistics, including assignment of stalls and parking, customer service, programming, community group participation, token program facilitation, monitoring safety and cleanliness and facility throughout the day, vendor compliance and temporary signage.|
2. Enforce the Market's operating rules and regulations.
3. Enforce all applicable federal, state and local food safety and sales regulations for vendors participating at the market; stay informed about current or new regulations that impact vendors with regard to sales, sampling, and participation at the market.
4. Coordinate with assigned inspectors from Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development (MDARD) and Ingham County Department of Health to ensure vendor compliance.
5. Administer, maintain and update all related Market records including vendor applications, product lists, inspection reports, token agreements, and appropriate licensing paperwork.
6. Prepare deposit fees, submit vendor reimbursement records weekly to Finance; Administration of EBT, Double Up Food Bucks, WIC & Senior Project Fresh coupons, etc.
7. Promote market activities, food assistance programs, special events and local food availability information through social media, e-newsletter and other forms of advertising.
8. Prepare an annual report.
|Qualifications:||Must possess a Bachelor Degree in Marketing or related field. Previous experience in Farmersí Market administration, marketing, recordkeeping and special event operations preferred. Must be familiar with state and federal food assistance programs and Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) rules and regulations as they relate to Farmersí Markets. Must possess a valid Michigan driversí license. MFMA Certified Farmersí Market Manager status preferred. Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, internet, social media necessary.|
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods on a hard surface, talk, hear and view written documents. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must lift and/or move items of 25 pounds and work outdoors in all climates.