|February 22, 2018 - March 15, 2018|
|Salary Range:||$18.30 - $23.97 per hour, 20-24 hours per week|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Under the direct supervision of the Finance Director, the Accountant is responsible for assisting in the efficient administration of Township finances. |
This position will provide accounting support to major functions including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, as well as, maintaining electronic and paper files.
|Duties:||1. Collects and compiles data and information for use in creating and preparing estimates, bills, reports, budgets, and other records.|
2. Prepares and maintains records, files, charts, data, schedules, and similar information.
3. Balances reports to the general ledger, and prepare budget progress reports.
4. Reconcile accounts, statements and transactions, and perform related functions.
5. Assists with financial audits and prepares and reviews year end accounting entries and financial statements.
6. Assists with budget preparation and budget monitoring.
7. Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
8. Performs related work as required.
|Qualifications:||• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field. |
• Two or more years in governmental accounting or finance.
• Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, and legal regulations of governmental finance and accounting.
• Skill in communicating with all levels of personnel with a high degree of diplomacy and professionalism.
• Ability to critically assess situations and solve problems, and to work effectively under stress, within deadlines and changing work priorities.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others in person or by phone and view and produce written and electronic documents. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, or kneel. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves items of light to moderate weights.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically works in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.