Administrative Assistant II - Police Dept.
|July 03, 2014 - July 18, 2014|
|Salary Range:||$14.62 - 15.91 per labor agreement|
|Benefits:||Medical, dental & vision insurance, paid time off, LTD & Life Ins., MERS pension, retiree health savings account, etc.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||OPEN UNTIL FILLED - MUST APPLY USING ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM ONLY.|
Under the supervision of the Chief of Police, performs a variety of high-level administrative and support functions related to the daily operations of the Police Department. May coordinate and monitor purchasing and work scheduling, process payroll, maintain inventory, records and procedures, and interact with the public and other departments.
|Duties:||1. Receives, screens and directs telephone calls, correspondence and visitors to the department. Responds to inquiries and complaints and provides information. Refers complex issues to appropriate individuals as necessary.|
2. Assists in the development and/or the preparation of the departmental budget. May engage in accounting activities such as generating billings, reconciling statements, processing payroll, and other similar activities.
3. Drafts correspondence, reports, memos and other items. Types, enters data, copies, files, and/or delegates secretarial tasks.
4. Schedules appointments and makes arrangements for administrative meetings and conferences.
5. Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment. Places orders and makes purchases according to established procurement procedures and within budgetary guidelines.
6. Establishes and maintains concise and comprehensive filing and records systems. Assembles data and processes various reports, generates monthly and year-end statistical reports, and others as requested.
7. Performs special projects as assigned.
8. Attends various meetings and records and transcribes minutes as necessary.
9. Keeps abreast of new developments in the field and new techniques, through continued education and professional growth.
10. Performs related work as required.
|Qualifications:||Requirements include the following:|
• A high school diploma or equivalent supplemented by additional coursework in business management, office management, secretarial science, or a related field. Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Four or more years experience in an office setting.
• Thorough knowledge of the professional public management techniques involved in budgeting, personnel administration, public relations, and project management.
• Knowledge of the structure, policies, procedures, and regulations of municipal government.
• Considerable knowledge of general office operations and administrative support procedures and practices.
• Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures, and skill in applying them.
• Ability to effectively train others and assign, coordinate, and evaluate the work of staff.
• Ability to operate general office equipment and machines, personal computer and word processing software, typewriter, calculator, copier, and fax machine.
• Ability to gather data and prepare accurate and timely records, reports, notices, memos and letters.
• Ability to convey and understand information effectively and promptly through speaking, hearing, reading, and writing.
• Ability to critically assess situations, solve problems, and work effectively within deadlines, and changing work priorities.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships and use good judgment, initiative and resourcefulness when dealing with other departments, the media, the public, Township officials, other employees, and representatives of other governmental units.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.